The The Vancouver Gamers Guild has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this site, vancouvergamingguild.com.
The Vancouver Gamers Guild's Pledge to Our Customers
The Vancouver Gamers Guild respects your privacy. We do not sell, rent, or loan any identifiable information regarding our customers to any third party. Any information you give us is held with the utmost care and will not be used in ways to which you have not consented.
Use of Information
The Vancouver Gamers Guild will not collect any personal information about individuals except when specifically and knowingly provided by such individuals. Examples of such information are: name, postal address, email address, phone number, and product commentary.
The Vancouver Gamers Guild may share non-personal aggregate, or summary, information regarding its customers with partners or other third parties, but the The Vancouver Gamers Guild does not sell or share any information at the individual customer level.
The Vancouver Gamers Guild recommends that if you are providing information on behalf of a child, that you use the child's parent or guardian's email address and that you have the permission of that child's parent or guardian.
What Information Do We Gather About You?
Our message board system stores your IP address, but in general we do not make any use of that information. IP addresses may be used at our discretion to block offensive messages from our message board system, in order to protect our customers. (An IP address is a set of numbers used by Web servers to route information over the Internet to a specific server or machine.)
vancouvergamingguild.com features a moderated message board system wherein users may post questions and opinions. This forum could also be used by customers to post personal contact information, but such use is not required by The Vancouver Gamers Guild. The system provides the option of including an email address, but this information is not required. There is currently no registration system in place to facilitate age screening.
Site Usage Guidelines for Children
We at The Vancouver Gamers Guild are concerned about helping keep the Internet a safe place for everyone, but especially for children. vancouvergamingguild.com:
- Will never collect online contact information from children without prior parental consent or parental notification, which will include an opportunity for the parent to prevent use of the information and participation in the activity. Without prior parental consent, such online information will only be used to respond directly to the child's request and will not be used for other purposes without prior parental consent.
- Will never collect personally identifiable offline contact information from children without prior parental consent.
- Never distributes to third parties any personally identifiable information, from children or adults.
- Does provide a forum wherein children or adults might publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information, but we do not require or condone such use of our message board system.
- Will never entice children to divulge more information than is needed to participate in activities on our Web site or VGG-sponsored events such as conventions and game days, by the prospect of a special game, prize, or other activity.
The Vancouver Gamers Guild will not be liable for any damages that may result from misrepresentation of age by a user of our Web site.
At this time we do not use our registrants' contact information for any communication other than directly responding to specific registrant questions. We do not store registrants' contact information, except if deliberately entered by the customer into messages on our message board system. This site gives users the following options for asking us to remove their contact information from our message board system:
- send email to:
This site gives users the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided.
- send email to:
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact:
- Grand Poobah
The Vancouver Gamers Guild